Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice of the Piedmont family. We are currently hiring for the following openings:
Positions in Charlottesville and the surrounding area:
Chief Financial Officer (FT) – The Chief Financial Officer has primary responsibility for managing and improving the financial affairs of Hospice of the Piedmont (HOP) and provides leadership, direction and management for the finance, treasury, banking, accounting, auditing, budgeting, and financial reporting functions. This position interacts frequently with the Executive Leadership Team members, Department Managers and the Board of Directors to support and improve operational performance to assure financial sustainability of the organization. The CFO is the primary management contact for the Finance, Investment, and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; a Master’s degree in Accounting or Certified Public Accountant certification preferred.
- At least seven years technical experience in financial administration with previous supervisory experience required. Financial administration experience in hospice services is preferred.
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) (Job sharing opportunities available) – Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Associate Medical Director (FT) – Under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, the Associate Medical Director assists in maintaining and monitoring the standards of medical care of the agency to ensure the highest possible quality of clinical care and service to patients and their families. The Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the medical component of the agency’s program under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, participate in education activities for coworkers and the community, act as a liaison with members of the medical community, and provide specialized hospice care to patients of the hospice program.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- License to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia without limitations
- Valid and unrestricted DEA license
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of hospice and palliative medicine experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication skills
- Experience and leadership in developing curricula and teaching members of the interdisciplinary group and medical colleagues in the community, as well as participating in community education activities
Clinical Services Manager (Full Time) $2000 Sign On Bonus – Nurses! Are you ready to have more control over your practice and truly provide holistic care? Hospice of the Piedmont is looking for those special nurses with the heart and head to manage end-of-life care for our patients and families. The Clinical Services Manager supervises and directs the care given by a team of RN case managers, social workers, chaplains, home health aides, and volunteers to hospice patients and their families. Must be a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 5 or more years of relevant hospice clinical experience preferred. Must have knowledge of EMR systems and be able to utilize the system in the daily management and oversight of the interdisciplinary team’s performance.
Hospice Nurse Educator (FT) – Coordinates all services related to individuals that have inquired about or been referred to hospice services. Provides the initial hospice presentation to patients and their circle of support, assesses their understanding of the hospice benefit, actively advocates for hospice admission of medically eligible patients.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Two or more years of relevant nursing experience in terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation and case management preferred.
- Must possess previous experience in hospice, home health, health care sales or marketing.
Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator (FT) – This position serves our community with hospice care and supportive services related to serious illness and loss with the highest level of skill, compassion and respect by providing accounts payable, payroll, cash receipts, and general ledger assistance for the agency. High School Diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelors degree in related field preferred. Minimum of two years relevant experience including payroll processing and in-depth knowledge of payroll administration required as is general knowledge of accounting, accounts payable, and cash receipts. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Hospice and/or Medicare/Medicaid experience a plus.
RN Evening/Weekend Services (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – The Evening/Weekend Services nurse assures the delivery of high quality patient care through timely and responsible management of patient/family needs by responding to telephone calls and making visits as needed to assess patient needs and provide nursing care and emotional support. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Minimum of two years of recent, varied work experience as a nurse, Hospice experience preferred.
Positions at the Hospice House:
RN (FT, 7P-7A) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the Hospice House Manager, works as a team member in the House, providing professional nursing services to patient/family utilizing the hospice concept. Also helps maintain the high quality environment of the House. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Two years relevant nursing experience required. Nursing home/assisted living facility experience preferred.
Positions in Culpeper and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus)– Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Positions at the Center for Acute Hospice Care:
Registered Nurse (FT, 7P-7A) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the CAHC Clinical Services Manager, the RN plans, organizes and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family/caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, and documentation
- Minimum of 2 years hospice, home health experience, ICU CCU experience.
- CHPN Preferred
- Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- Current CPR Certification
Clinical Social Worker (FT) – Center for Acute Hospice Care: Provides direct discharge planning, casework and counseling services to the patient/family in the inpatient setting as directed by the plan of care. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments, assistance in identifying alternate living arrangements and develops corresponding care plan as coordinated with the Interdisciplinary Team. Develops and maintains positive working relationship with long term care facilities.
Prefer a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Require a baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other field related to social work and is supervised by an MSW.
- Current state licensure (LCSW) preferred.
- Two years of social work experience in a social service setting with at least one of the two years being in a healthcare setting required.
- Experience in inpatient discharge planning and knowledge of long term care facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement and understanding of psychosocial factors operative in terminally ill patients and families required. Clinical experience with individuals, groups and families.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, counseling techniques, hospice philosophy and group dynamics.
- Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating difficult news.
- Knowledge of resource/support agencies and methods of accessing services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and EMR system
Clinical Services Manager – Inpatient Unit (Full time) $2000 Sign On Bonus– The Clinical Services Manager clinically and professionally manages and leads the nursing team in coordinating the interdisciplinary care of patients with advanced progressive illness in a ten (10) bed hospice inpatient unit.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- 5 or more years of relevant hospice/home health clinical and management experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EMR system and utilizes the system in the daily management and oversight of the IDT’s performance
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge and experience in the delivery of hospice care.
- Excellent oral and written communications including the ability to actively listen
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks, flexibility and handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate others and lead an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrates a strong sense of integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice regulations, policies and procedures, conditions of participation, and HIPPA compliance regulations.
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation, and benefit package. To apply for one of the above positions, please do the following:
To apply using a paper application:
Send your letter of interest, completed application for employment, and resume to: Human Resources, Hospice of the Piedmont, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Fax: 434-817-6958, Email: [email protected]
To apply online:
You can also apply online using our online application form. Click here to complete this online application form.