Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice of the Piedmont family. We are currently hiring for the following openings:
Chief Executive Officer
Hospice of the Piedmont is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer to build on our exceptional 30-year record of outstanding end-of-life and bereavement services to our Central Virginia community. With close to 200 staff and 300 volunteers, Hospice of the Piedmont is a leading provider of clinical, social and spiritual support for patients and families facing serious illness and loss. The successful candidate will be equipped and inspired to lead in a challenging, fast-changing reimbursement, regulatory and competitive environment while staying true to our mission of serving our community with the highest level of integrity, skill, compassion and respect.
A Masters degree or higher in a clinical discipline and/or business is strongly preferred. Have demonstrated outstanding leadership of a healthcare organization for a minimum of 7 years, preferably at the CEO, COO or Senior Vice Presidential level. Have an operational knowledge of State and Federal hospice laws and regulations and applicable certification and accreditation requirements.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation and benefit package. Please send your letter of interest and resume to: [email protected]
Positions in Charlottesville and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) (Job sharing opportunities available) – Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Associate Medical Director (FT) – Under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, the Associate Medical Director assists in maintaining and monitoring the standards of medical care of the agency to ensure the highest possible quality of clinical care and service to patients and their families. The Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the medical component of the agency’s program under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, participate in education activities for coworkers and the community, act as a liaison with members of the medical community, and provide specialized hospice care to patients of the hospice program.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- License to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia without limitations
- Valid and unrestricted DEA license
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of hospice and palliative medicine experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication skills
- Experience and leadership in developing curricula and teaching members of the interdisciplinary group and medical colleagues in the community, as well as participating in community education activities
Clinical Social Worker (PRN) : Provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family as directed by the plan of care. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments and develops corresponding care plan as coordinated with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Prefer a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or other field related to social work and is supervised by an MSW.
- Current state licensure (LCSW) preferred.
- Two years of social work experience in a social service setting with at least one of the two years being in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement and understanding of psychosocial factors operative in terminally ill patients and families required. Clinical experience with individuals, groups and families.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, counseling techniques, hospice philosophy and group dynamics.
- Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating.
- Knowledge of resource/support agencies and methods of accessing services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and EMR system
Technical Support Specialist (FT) – Under the leadership and guidance of the Director of Technology Services, the Technical Support Specialist will provide training, customer service and computer/server-based and telephony systems to local and remote Hospice of Piedmont team members to include hardware and software and all peripheral components. The Support Specialist will also coordinate with vendors, the System Administrator, the EMR Specialist and create and maintain technical documentation related to end user hardware and software.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- PC/LT Support experience preferred
- Current Microsoft Professional Certification in current operating system preferred
- Net+ Certification preferred
- A+ Certification preferred
- Experience with MS Server and current version of MS Office 365 Suite
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Office 365
- Familiarity with the administration of a Microsoft Windows environment
- Intermediate proficiency utilizing MS Office products
- Must be able to install software and test new PC systems
- Must have a basic understanding and knowledge of PC components and their respective interface requirements
- Ability to learn customization and reporting software for various applications
- Experience with VOIP and Wireless/Cell Telephony
- Understanding of basic Networking essentials and protocols
Hospice Nurse Educator/Admissions (PT or FT) – Primarily stationed in local hospitals to evaluate patients and make the initial hospice presentation to patients and their circle of support, assess their understanding of the hospice benefit, actively advocate for hospice admissions of medically eligible patients, and assist with transition from hospital to home, the Center for Acute Hospice Care, facilities, or the Hospice House. May occasionally perform an admission or home visit. Primarily weekend shifts available, part time or full time. Bachelor or Associate degree in Nursing or equivalent from an accredited school of nursing and one year experience in Hospice or Home Health desired.
Positions at the Hospice House:
RN (FT, 7P-7A) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the Hospice House Manager, works as a team member in the House, providing professional nursing services to patient/family utilizing the hospice concept. Also helps maintain the high quality environment of the House. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Two years relevant nursing experience required. Nursing home/assisted living facility experience preferred.
Positions in Culpeper and the surrounding area:
There are no openings at this time.
Positions at the Center for Acute Hospice Care:
Registered Nurse (FT, 7P-7A & 7A-7P) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the CAHC Clinical Services Manager, the RN plans, organizes and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family/caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, and documentation
- Minimum of 2 years hospice, home health experience, ICU CCU experience.
- CHPN Preferred
- Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- Current CPR Certification
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation, and benefit package. To apply for one of the above positions, please do the following:
To apply using a paper application:
Send your letter of interest, completed application for employment, and resume to: Human Resources, Hospice of the Piedmont, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Fax: 434-817-6958, Email: [email protected]
To apply online:
You can also apply online using our online application form. Click here to complete this online application form.