Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice of the Piedmont family. We are currently hiring for the following openings:
Chief Executive Officer
Hospice of the Piedmont is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer to build on our exceptional 30-year record of outstanding end-of-life and bereavement services to our Central Virginia community. With close to 200 staff and 300 volunteers, Hospice of the Piedmont is a leading provider of clinical, social and spiritual support for patients and families facing serious illness and loss. The successful candidate will be equipped and inspired to lead in a challenging, fast-changing reimbursement, regulatory and competitive environment while staying true to our mission of serving our community with the highest level of integrity, skill, compassion and respect.
A Masters degree or higher in a clinical discipline and/or business is strongly preferred. Have demonstrated outstanding leadership of a healthcare organization for a minimum of 7 years, preferably at the CEO, COO or Senior Vice Presidential level. Have an operational knowledge of State and Federal hospice laws and regulations and applicable certification and accreditation requirements.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation and benefit package. Please send your letter of interest and resume to: [email protected]
Positions in Charlottesville and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) (Job sharing opportunities available) – Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Associate Medical Director (FT) – Under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, the Associate Medical Director assists in maintaining and monitoring the standards of medical care of the agency to ensure the highest possible quality of clinical care and service to patients and their families. The Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the medical component of the agency’s program under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, participate in education activities for coworkers and the community, act as a liaison with members of the medical community, and provide specialized hospice care to patients of the hospice program.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- License to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia without limitations
- Valid and unrestricted DEA license
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of hospice and palliative medicine experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication skills
- Experience and leadership in developing curricula and teaching members of the interdisciplinary group and medical colleagues in the community, as well as participating in community education activities
Clinical Social Worker (PRN) : Provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family as directed by the plan of care. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments and develops corresponding care plan as coordinated with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Prefer a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or other field related to social work and is supervised by an MSW.
- Current state licensure (LCSW) preferred.
- Two years of social work experience in a social service setting with at least one of the two years being in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement and understanding of psychosocial factors operative in terminally ill patients and families required. Clinical experience with individuals, groups and families.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, counseling techniques, hospice philosophy and group dynamics.
- Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating.
- Knowledge of resource/support agencies and methods of accessing services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and EMR system
QI Coordinator (FT): Responsible for the development and implementation of the data-driven hospice-wide quality assessment, performance improvement program in collaboration with the Manager of QI and Compliance. BSN required. Master’s degree in nursing or business with a strong healthcare-related background preferred. Five or more years relevant experience. Previous experience working with clinical QI processes and performance improvement. Demonstrated skill in administrative performance and organizational skills. Intermediate proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software required. Familiarity with other MS Office software helpful.
RN Evening/Weekend Services (FT, On Call) – Assures the delivery of high quality patient care through timely and responsible management of patient/family needs by responding to telephone calls and making visits as needed. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Should have a minimum of two years of recent varied work experience as a nurse. Hospice experience preferred.
Clinical Services Manager (Full Time) $2000 Sign On Bonus – The Clinical Services Manager supervises and directs the care given by a team of RN case managers, social workers, chaplains, home health aides, and volunteers to hospice patients and their families. Must be a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 5 or more years of relevant hospice clinical experience preferred. Must have knowledge of EMR systems and be able to utilize the system in the daily management and oversight of the interdisciplinary team’s performance.
Positions at the Hospice House:
RN (FT, 7P-7A) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the Hospice House Manager, works as a team member in the House, providing professional nursing services to patient/family utilizing the hospice concept. Also helps maintain the high quality environment of the House. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Two years relevant nursing experience required. Nursing home/assisted living facility experience preferred.
Positions in Culpeper and the surrounding area:
Hospice Aide (Full Time) – Must be registered by the Virginia Department of Health Professions as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides personal care services to patients in home and/or facilities that reflects the Hospice philosophy of care. One year’s relevant experience required. Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
Positions at the Center for Acute Hospice Care:
Registered Nurse (FT, 7P-7A & 7A-7P) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the CAHC Clinical Services Manager, the RN plans, organizes and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family/caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, and documentation
- Minimum of 2 years hospice, home health experience, ICU CCU experience.
- CHPN Preferred
- Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- Current CPR Certification
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies/procedures and the effective use of resources. Performs nursing evaluation visit to new admissions and assists supervisor in determining eligibility based upon agency criteria, assuring compliance with all Federal, State and Hospice regulations and policies. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school, licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia and have at least two years of relevant nursing experience. Must have a demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care and health team service coordination, to include overall case management and associated documentation.
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation, and benefit package. To apply for one of the above positions, please do the following:
To apply using a paper application:
Send your letter of interest, completed application for employment, and resume to: Human Resources, Hospice of the Piedmont, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Fax: 434-817-6958, Email: [email protected]
To apply online:
You can also apply online using our online application form. Click here to complete this online application form.