Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice of the Piedmont family. We are currently hiring for the following openings:
Positions in Charlottesville and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) (Job sharing opportunities available) – Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Associate Medical Director (FT) – Under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, the Associate Medical Director assists in maintaining and monitoring the standards of medical care of the agency to ensure the highest possible quality of clinical care and service to patients and their families. The Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the medical component of the agency’s program under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, participate in education activities for coworkers and the community, act as a liaison with members of the medical community, and provide specialized hospice care to patients of the hospice program.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- License to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia without limitations
- Valid and unrestricted DEA license
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of hospice and palliative medicine experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication skills
- Experience and leadership in developing curricula and teaching members of the interdisciplinary group and medical colleagues in the community, as well as participating in community education activities
Clinical Social Worker (PRN) : Provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family as directed by the plan of care. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments and develops corresponding care plan as coordinated with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Prefer a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or other field related to social work and is supervised by an MSW.
- Current state licensure (LCSW) preferred.
- Two years of social work experience in a social service setting with at least one of the two years being in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement and understanding of psychosocial factors operative in terminally ill patients and families required. Clinical experience with individuals, groups and families.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, counseling techniques, hospice philosophy and group dynamics.
- Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating.
- Knowledge of resource/support agencies and methods of accessing services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and EMR system
Clinical Services Manager (Full Time) $2000 Sign On Bonus – The Clinical Services Manager supervises and directs the care given by a team of RN case managers, social workers, chaplains, home health aides, and volunteers to hospice patients and their families. Must be a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 5 or more years of relevant hospice clinical experience preferred. Must have knowledge of EMR systems and be able to utilize the system in the daily management and oversight of the interdisciplinary team’s performance.
Chaplain (Full Time) – Provides spiritual support services to patients and families reflective of patient/family’s desire/belief system and serves as consultant to Interdisciplinary Team for spiritual support issues and information. Master’s degree in Divinity from accredited seminary or school of theology or appropriate certification in hospital or pastoral ministerial counseling preferred. Five years’ experience in pastoral care or counseling required. Hospice experience preferred. Knowledge of the spiritual issues common during illness, death and bereavement. Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating with patients, families and staff. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and ability to learn EMR system required.
Hospice Nurse Educator (FT) – Coordinates all services related to individuals that have inquired about or been referred to hospice services. Provides the initial hospice presentation to patients and their circle of support, assesses their understanding of the hospice benefit, actively advocates for hospice admission of medically eligible patients. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Two or more years of relevant nursing experience in terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation and case management preferred. Must possess previous experience in hospice, home health, health care sales or marketing.
Hospice Care Consultant (Sales and Marketing) – Full time –This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and growing a network of repeat hospice care referral sources within an assigned territory through community collaboration using account and relationship management expertise to develop or improve relationships with the key facility personnel, physicians and other referral sources, identify new opportunities for partnering and growth through marketing and education, and by generating, receiving and evaluating new referrals. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related health field or be licensed as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Previous experience in health related (preferably hospice) sales and marketing with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals is required. Must have intermediate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software.
RN Evening/Weekend Services (PRN, On Call, every other weekend) – Assures the delivery of high quality patient care through timely and responsible management of patient/family needs by responding to telephone calls and making visits as needed. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Should have a minimum of two years of recent varied work experience as a nurse. Hospice experience preferred.
Hospice Aide (Full Time) – Must be registered by the Virginia Department of Health Professions as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides personal care services to patients in home and/or facilities that reflects the Hospice philosophy of care. One year’s relevant experience required. Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
Positions at the Hospice House:
Hospice Aide (FT, 7P-7A) – Must be registered by the Virginia Department of Health Professions as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides personal care services to Hospice House patients that reflects the Hospice philosophy of care. One year’s relevant experience required. Must demonstrate basic computer skills. Basic proficiency in word processing software helpful.
Positions in Culpeper and the surrounding area:
RN Case Manager (FT) ($2000 Sign On Bonus)– Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Positions at the Center for Acute Hospice Care:
Registered Nurse (FT, 7P-7A & 7A-7P) ($2000 Sign On Bonus) – Under the direction of the CAHC Clinical Services Manager, the RN plans, organizes and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family/caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, and documentation
- Minimum of 2 years hospice, home health experience, ICU CCU experience.
- CHPN Preferred
- Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- Current CPR Certification
Team Coordinator (Full time) –The Center for Acute Hospice Care Team Coordinator handles administrative duties within the Hospice’s Inpatient Unit. They performs clerical duties to maintain an organized environment and allow medical staff to focus on patient care. He or she also maintains a line of communication between the patient and clinical staff.
- Licensed Practical Nurse preferred
- High school graduate: college experience preferred
- Recent experience in medical records system in home care/hospice preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrates advanced computer skills and be able to navigate among various software programs in clinical services. Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet.
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation, and benefit package. To apply for one of the above positions, please do the following:
To apply using a paper application:
Send your letter of interest, completed application for employment, and resume to: Human Resources, Hospice of the Piedmont, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Fax: 434-817-6958, Email: [email protected]
To apply online:
You can also apply online using our online application form. Click here to complete this online application form.