Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice of the Piedmont family. We are currently hiring for the following openings:
Positions in Charlottesville and the surrounding area:
Clinical Social Worker (PRN): Provides direct casework and counseling services to the patient/family as directed by the plan of care. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments and develops corresponding care plan as coordinated with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Prefer a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or other field related to social work and is supervised by an MSW.
- Current state licensure (LCSW) preferred.
- Two years of social work experience in a social service setting with at least one of the two years being in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement and understanding of psychosocial factors operative in terminally ill patients and families required. Clinical experience with individuals, groups and families.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, counseling techniques, hospice philosophy and group dynamics.
- Skill in counseling, interviewing and communicating.
- Knowledge of resource/support agencies and methods of accessing services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word software and EMR system
LPN (FT, On call) – $2000 Sign-on bonus plus night shift and weekend differentials – Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. One or more years of relevant nursing experience required. Under supervision of a registered nurse, delivers quality patient care and comfort measures to patients, emphasizing physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Basic proficiency in word processing software helpful.
RN Case Manager (FT) – Job sharing opportunities also available – Responsible for patient care through professional management of cases assigned and coordination of services offered by all health team members to assure quality care consistent with Hospice policies and procedures. Must be a licensed RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia with two years of relevant nursing experience. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, documentation, and case management is necessary. Must be comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
RN (FT, On call) – $2000 Sign-on bonus plus night shift and weekend differentials – Assures the delivery of high quality patient care through timely and responsible management of patient/family needs by responding to telephone calls and making visits as needed. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Should have a minimum of two years of recent varied work experience as a nurse. Hospice experience preferred.
Admission Nurse (FT) – Coordinate all services related to individuals that have inquired about or been referred to hospice services. Provide the initial hospice presentation to patients and their circle of support, assess their understanding of the hospice benefit, actively advocate for hospice admission of medically eligible patients, admit the patient to hospice services, conduct initial nursing assessment and attend to immediate needs of the patient and family. Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Nursing or equivalent from an accredited school of nursing and one year experience in Hospice or Home Heath required.
Educator (FT) – The Educator will implement the goals and objectives of the Hospice of the Piedmont Education Institute. The Education Institute has three main components: (1) educating and facilitating the professional development of HOP coworkers, (2) educating community healthcare professionals, and (3) educating the community.
- Licensed as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner in Virginia
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required, Master’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Teaching and/or hospice experience required.
- Experience with distance education methodology
- Competent with MS Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Dietitian (PRN) – Provides guidance to the Hospice House food service personnel on methods for maintaining the dietary services, planning of nutritionally balanced meals, and assessing the dietary needs of individual patients. Requires a baccalaureate or higher degree in nutritional sciences, community nutrition, public health nutrition, food nutrition, dietetics, or human nutrition from an accredited college or university and has satisfactorily completed a program of supervised clinical experience approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic and has a current license or certificate as a dietitian or nutritionist issued by another state.
Positions at the Hospice House:
LPN (FT) – (Day and night shifts available) – $2000 Sign-on bonus plus night shift and weekend differentials – The Licensed Practical Nurse works as a team member in the House, providing professional nursing services to patient/family utilizing the hospice concept. Also helps maintain the high quality environment of the House. Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia and have two years of relevant nursing experience. Nursing home/assisted living facility experience preferred.
RN (FT) – (Day and night shifts available) – $2000 Sign-on bonus plus night shift and weekend differentials – Under the direction of the Hospice House Manager, works as a team member in the House, providing professional nursing services to patient/family utilizing the hospice concept. Also helps maintain the high quality environment of the House. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Two years relevant nursing experience required. Nursing home/assisted living facility experience preferred.
Positions in Culpeper and the surrounding area:
Clinical Services Manager – (Full time) – $2000 Sign-on bonus – The Clinical Services Manager supervises and directs the care given by a team of RN case managers, social workers, chaplains, home health aides, and volunteers to hospice patients and their families. Must be a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 5 or more years of relevant hospice clinical experience preferred. Must have knowledge of EMR systems and be able to utilize the system in the daily management and oversight of the interdisciplinary team’s performance.
Positions at the Center for Acute Hospice Care:
Clinical Services Manager – Inpatient Unit (Full time) – $2000 Sign-on bonus – The Clinical Services Manager clinically and professionally manages and leads the nursing team in coordinating the interdisciplinary care of patients with advanced progressive illness in a ten-bed hospice inpatient unit.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- 5 or more years of relevant hospice/home health clinical and management experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EMR system and utilizes the system in the daily management and oversight of the interdisciplinary team’s performance
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge and experience in the delivery of hospice care.
- Excellent oral and written communications including the ability to actively listen
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks, flexibility and handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate others and lead an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrates a strong sense of integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice regulations, policies and procedures, conditions of participation, and HIPPA compliance regulations.
RN (FT) – (12-hour night shift available) – $2000 Sign-on bonus plus night shift and weekend differentials – Hospice of the Piedmont is looking for Registered Nurses for our brand new, 10-bed inpatient unit in Charlottesville, VA. Under the direction of the Clinical Services Manager, the RN plans, organizes, and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care and organizational policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care, health team service coordination, and documentation
- At least 1 year of hospice, home health, med/surg or ICU/CCU experience
- CHPN Preferred
- Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- Current CPR Certification
We provide an excellent work environment, competitive compensation, and benefit package. To apply for one of the above positions, please do the following:
To apply using a paper application:
Send your letter of interest, completed application for employment, and resume to: Human Resources, Hospice of the Piedmont, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911. Fax: 434-817-6958, Email: email@example.com
To apply online:
You can also apply online using our online application form. Click here to complete this online application form.