Join Our Team
We are passionate about the people who help us deliver care across central and northern Virginia. Whether you’re interested in joining us as a coworker or as a volunteer, you’ve come to the right place.
Learn more about current employment opportunities and benefits or how you can give back to our community’s most vulnerable neighbors with your work as a volunteer.
It takes world-class people to deliver world-class care. We are passionate about hiring the most dedicated, compassionate caregivers and administrators to live out our mission at Hospice of the Piedmont. As part of our commitment to our staff and volunteers, we’re committed to offering:
- Living wage for all employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
If you’re passionate about providing care and want to use your expertise to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our community members, we invite you to join our staff by contacting us at 434-817-6908 or email email@example.com.
Hospice of the Piedmont, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and is a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, the Hospice Foundation of America, the National Association for Home Care and Hospice, and the Virginia Association for Hospices. We are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. We admit patients without regard to age, race, religion, political belief, gender, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
Hospice of the Piedmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volunteers play an integral role positively transforming the way people view their experience in hospice care. Our volunteers work closely with our administrative staff, physicians, nurses, home health aides, chaplains, and social workers to provide comfort care to patients and support to those grieving. They also contribute their time and love through the following programs:
- In-person visits, meal prep, and transportation and other direct services to patients and families
- Bereavement services including phone calls, support groups, grief classes, and a listening ear
- Special events like our kids’ camp, fundraisers, health fairs, and educational programs
- Complementary services for our patients such as massage, Reiki therapy, and our Music by the Bedside program
- Administrative aid services
- Volunteer-led programs such as pet therapy, tuck-in calls, and 11th hour vigils
If you’re interested in sharing the invaluable gift of time and care, we invite you to learn more about volunteering at Hospice of the Piedmont. Contact us at 434-817-6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Hospice of the Piedmont volunteer application. Once you have downloaded and completed the application, you may either email it to email@example.com or mail it to: Hospice of the Piedmont, Attn: Volunteer Department, 675 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Suite 300, Charlottesville, VA 22911.
For current volunteers interested in submitting a Visit/Service Record, please click here.