Join Our Team As A Volunteer
“We were stunned by the amazing people who came to care for our loved one. Truly, you answer to a higher calling than the rest of us.”
- A patient’s son
Interested in a true calling and not just another commitment?
Our volunteers live and breathe our vision every day. They work with our administrative staff, physicians, nurses, home health aides, chaplains, and social workers to achieve a day when no one dies alone or in pain: delivering compassionate comfort care to terminally ill patients and providing loved ones of all ages with a safe and supportive place to grieve.
The oldest and most experienced nonprofit hospice and a revered institution since 1980, Hospice of the Piedmont enjoys the innovation and freedom to create new programs that for-profit hospices don’t. Our well-trained and empowered volunteers contribute their time, talents, and most important of all, their love for our organization in a variety of satisfying and meaningful ways throughout our 12-county service area:
- Direct services to patients and families including visiting, meal prep, and transportation.
- Bereavement services including phone calls, support groups, grief classes, and a listening ear.
- Special events including our camps for kids, fundraisers, health fairs, and educational programs.
- Complementary services including massage, Reiki therapy, and Music by the Bedside by the Bedside.
- Clerical services including data entry, mailings, filing, copying, and donation thank-yous.
- Other volunteer-led programs including pet therapy, tuck-in calls, 11th hour vigils, and the We Honor Veterans program.
To join our team as a volunteer, click to download our HOP Volunteer Application.
For current volunteers interested in submitting a Visit/Service Record, click here.
Ready to share your unique gifts with terminally ill patients and their loved ones? Join Hospice of the Piedmont as a volunteer: 434-817-6900, firstname.lastname@example.org.